Phlebotomy Exam #4
0 of 77 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 77 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
2. Which of the following would be used to store data outside the CPU?
3. If an unlabeled specimen is received by the laboratory, the phlebotomy technician should
4. Which of the following would be scanned by a laboratory to identify a patient or specimen?
5. The processed information or data generated by a computer to be received by the user is referred to as
6. The timing for a glucose test begins
7. When instructing patients in the collection of a 24-hour specimen, which patient should be asked about possible leakage when laughing or coughing?
8. Blood specimens that need to be shipped off-site by mail systems must be packaged in accordance with the
9. Chemical and microscopic changes that invalidate the results obtained from urine specimen if the urine is kept at room temperature for what period of time?
10. Which of the following is not mandated to be on a label of a blood specimen collected for blood transfusion testing?
11. What amount of residual urine is considered abnormal?
12. Why is it necessary to wipe the first drop of blood away when performing a capillary procedure?
13. Which of the following fingers is the best choice for a capillary puncture?
14. What is the preferred method of infant blood collection?
15. An individual comes in for an autologous donation, what is this person coming to do?
16. If collected by capillary puncture, which of the following is collected first?
17. The term calcaneus refers to
18. According to CLSI, a heel puncture lancet should puncture no deeper than
19. Capillary puncture blood contains
21. When drawing a blood alcohol specimen, it is acceptable to clean the arm with?
21. What antiseptic should the phlebotomy technician use to collect a blood culture?
22. What color is the stopper of a CTAD tube, for what type of test is it and why?
23. The phlebotomist has to prepare a blood smear for leukocyte alkaline phosphatase (LAP). What is the correct procedure?
24. The addition of which preservative allows urine to be stored at room temperature while still providing results comparable to refrigerated urine?
25. What type of catheter is used to collect specimens or instill medications?
26. Alcohol pads are not used when collecting a blood alcohol specimen because the practice will
27. TDM peak concentration may be defines as the
28. The phlebotomist places the blood specimen in circles on special filter paper, for what test?
29. Which type of catheter is inserted after plastic repair of the ureter and must remain in place for at least a week after surgery
30. You have to draw a 7 year old child for some blood work, what would be the best approach you should use when it is a child getting blood drawn?
31. What type of specimen is needed for a guaiac test?
32. Which of the following is a test that measures packet cell volume?
33. Bar coding in this area of health care is unlikely at the present time
34. When transporting specimens from the patient unit down to the hospital laboratory which of the following systems is used?
35. Which of the following is associated with the procedure which a sterile plastic tube is inserted to provide urinary drainage?
36. Logging on to most computer system requires to use a/an
37. A panic value is a/an
38. After obtaining a specimen for a fold agglutinin test, the blood must be transported
39. As general rule serum or plasma should be removed from the cells within?
40. All blood specimens transported by a courier must be?
41. Which of the following is a type of machine used to separate the serum or plasma from blood cells in the sample?
42. Required PPE when processing specimens would exclude?
43. A falsely decreased blood alcohol level may be obtained if
44. When making a routine blood smear, the “pusher slide” is normally used at an angle of how many degrees?
45. This test cannot be collected by capillary puncture an taken to the laboratory for processing and testing?
46. Which of the following tests requires an arterialized specimen?
47. Capillary action is a term used to describe how
48. An individual comes in for an autologous donation, what is this person coming to do?
49. Which of the following is the most critical part of blood collection?
50. In performing a glucose tolerance test, the fasting specimen is drawn at 08:15 hours and the patient finishes the glucose beverage at 08:20 hours. When should the 1-hour specimen be collected?
51. Which of the following tests must have a 9:1 ratio of blood anticoagulation in the collection tube?
52. Removing aunit of blood from a patient and not replacing it is used as a treatment for?
53. Which of the following tests are collected in a trace-element-free tube?
54. Common chemistry tests performed by POCT instruments include
55. Which of the following tests may require special chain-of-custody documentation when the specimen is collected?
56. Computer networking caused congress to take steps to eliminate patient confidentiality violation by
57. When performing a capillary blood collection, the first blood drop is wiped away because
58. After arriving in the laboratory, all specimens are immediately
59. Which of the following specimens should be protected from light?
60. Which of the following would be omitted from a lab-generated computer label?
61. A serum aliquot has a fibrin clot in it. The most likely cause is the specimen was?
62. Which of the following tests specimens can be analyzed without being centrifuged?
63. Which of the following blood specimens should be transported in an ice slurry?
64. Most POC analyzers are interface capable, but the decision to do so is based on the
65. Which one of following specimens would be acceptable for testing?
66. Which federal agencies regulate the transporting or biological specimens off site?
67. Which of the following specimens can be centrifuged immediately?
68. The difference between bar codes and radio frequency identification is?
69. Which if the following conditions disqualifies a site for capillary puncture?
70. This test cannot be collected by capillary puncture and taken to the laboratory for processing and testing?
71. How many general puncture steps are there? List them.
72. When bacteria enter the circulatory system this is called?
73. What is the glucose tolerance test used for?
74. Why is the way a specimen is transported important?
75. Why is labeling and patient identification important?
76. When would a urinalysis be ordered? Why?
77. TnT and Tnl are abbreviations for? What are they?